Students of the week for 12/11- 12/15
Diamond House: Juliza Guillen
Juliza is very responsible and always gives her best effort in class. She works well with others and is well respected by both her peers as well as staff. She is a fantastic example of the Karcher Way.
Onyx House: Haley Voss
Haley is an extremely thoughtful student who gives a great deal of attention to detail.
Hive House: Ian Blinderman
Ian displayed loyalty and compassion towards his classmates. He consistently reaches out to peers and takes chances in a positive manner. He is an awesome young man!
Silver House: Luke Zigler
Luke is a fantastic leader in class - he is a positive force in any group! Whether he is leading troops in the Union Army or his classmates in a science lab he makes sure to leave no man (or woman) behind. We appreciate the brains and personality he brings to class every day! Thanks, Luke!
Applied Academics: Cheyenne Cole
Cheyenne is a hardworking student who strives for success. She sees success as a way to better herself and her learning.
Students of the week for 12/18-12/22
Diamond House: Mariah Longoria
Mariah always has a smile on her face and is kind to everyone. She is always a willing participant in group work and shows great leadership skills when working with others. Mariah is a fantastic example of the Karcher Way.
Onyx House: Morgan Crist
Morgan is a wonderful young man who is willing to put forth the extra effort in everything that he does, and has a positive attitude along with it. Thanks Morgan and keep up the great work!
Hive House: Nick Glessing
Nick has shown a great aptitude for working well in group settings. He showed courage by going out for basketball after not playing last year. His hard work continues to pay dividends in the classroom.
Silver House: Brannt Balfanz
Brannt is a true leader in class. He is kind to everyone and sets a great example of how to be an amazing human. He is intelligent and raises the level of every discussion! We all appreciate you!
Applied Academics: Murphy Diggins
Murphy is an exemplary student. He participates in class, includes classmates, tries his best & doesn’t seek attention for any of it. He is very respectful to his teachers and peers and is a definition of a young man following the Karcher Way.
- As a reminder... Tuesday/Thursday School is available to all students after school.
- Tuesday/Thursday School provides students with an opportunity to utilize our library from 2:40 - 3:20 to work on any school work needs they may have.
- Arrangements can be made ahead of time or on a need to need basis.
- Our Rube Goldberg Club will continue meeting after school every Thursday and Friday through March 23 from 2:35 -3:20.
- The first meeting was January 4 but students are still encourage to attend!
- Any students interested in engineering and creating is encouraged to attend! If you have any questions the advisors for the club are Mr. Sulik and Mr. Yopp. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click HERE to see the website about designing and building a Rube Goldberg Machine.
- The goal is to have one team or numerous teams compete against other middle school teams in April!
- January 15 - Students in choir interested in attending the Cleveland trip on May 4-6 can still sign up with Mr. Stoughton until January 15. If you have any questions please contact Rod Stoughton (email@example.com)
- January 23 - End of term 2!
- January 30 - 5-12 Strings Festival at 6:30pm in the BHS auditorium.
- Course selection information for the 2018-2019 school year!
- Current 8th graders will be receiving their BHS course selection booklets on January 29. They will be working through their course selections with Mr. Berezowitz during the next few weeks to help with the scheduling process.
- Current 7th grade students will get their elective course selection information on February 5 with the return date to their advisory teachers by February 9.
- Freshmen Open House will be on Monday, February 12!
- The below flyer is for our current 8th graders. The purpose of the Open House is to ensure all parents/guardians and students understand all the offerings available to students prior to entering high school.
- Next FNL (Friday Night Live) will be on February 2 from 6:00 - 7:30pm.
- Students will be able to get in with 2 KCBs, 2 dollars, or 2 canned goods!
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Girls Volleyball will be starting on January 15! Below will be the schedule for week one of volleyball:
- Monday-Wednesday (January 15 - 17):
- 8th grade will tryout from 2:45 - 4:15
- 7th grade will try out from 4:15 - 5:45
- Thursday, January 18 - all girls that make a traveling team will practice from 2:45 - 4:15.
- Friday, January 19 - all girls who make the intramural team will practice from 2:30 - 4:00.
- 7th grade: Ms. Longoria & Ms. Thomsen
- 8th grade: Mr. Jones, Ms. Stoughton, Ms. Riggs
- Intramural coach: Ms. Berezowitz
- Click HERE to access the game schedule.
- Strength training club!
- New this year students interested in furthering their muscle development and core strength are able to attend our strength training club!
- The club will start on Monday, January 22 and is available to all students attending Karcher.
- This will run every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from January 22 until spring break starting after school until 4:00pm.
- If you have any questions the advisors are:
- Hans Block (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Nelson (email@example.com)
- Eric Sulik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- On February 28 there will be a presentation for parents/guardians only pertaining to social media concerns at Dyer Intermediate School from 6:00 - 8:00pm. See the below flyer for more information:
Pictures from the last week of 2017 at Karcher!
So many great things going on during the last week of 2017!!!
KCBs for a hot chocolate!
Concession stand students!
Dress up days!
Algebra lock box challenge!
Internet Web Design and STEM competing in building challenges!
Choir singing for the high school choir and visa versa!
December 22 afternoon assembly!